Here are additional pages to my blog. Please click on them to read more.

Friday, June 11, 2010

March of Dimes - 1953


Oh yes, the March of Dimes. I can still remember all of this, even though it goes back to when I was only 9 years old. I went from door to door with a little can collecting dimes. I don't recall just how much I collected but I do know that I had done my share and enjoyed doing it. Of course the Muskegon Chronicle spelled my name as Robald instead of Ronald, but hey, it's close enough. I remember Terry VanDyke but just don't recall if he was in my class and as for Jeanne Vander Weg, well I didn't know her at all, or at least I sure don't remember her. Oh but one thing I do remember about this whole event was my mother was upset because we didn't know I was going to have my picture in the paper and I was wearing this tacky old jacket. LOL Hey, that's life and it was a good life.

Post a Comment