Here are additional pages to my blog. Please click on them to read more.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

228 Butler Drive, Midway Park, Camp Lejeune NC



My home back in Oct 1966, which was built back in the 1940's. Really wasn't all that bad of a house, 2 bedroom and oil heat. My rent was here was $64.20 and that included utilities so I really couldn't complain too much, but I did since I was only making $340 a month back then. These home were all finally replaced in 2010 with new town homes. I guess part of my heart is still there in that home on 228 Butler Drive...



Of course one needed to furnish the house and at the time Rose Bros. was the place to go. $500 got me 3 rooms of furniture, bedroom, living room, and kitchen. It lasted.... for awhile anyway. But $500 was a small fortune back then and then again the $500 really didn't buy you all that much in quality either. Ah yes, now I can look back and laugh but back then I was just sweating making those payments. 
Post a Comment